Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Knitting

I am currently working on knitting some sock yarn squares for what will eventually become my sock yarn blanket. I am not planning on getting this done next week, next month, though it may be done sometime next year. I am using miscellaneous sock yarn left overs to make the squares. This helps to enable me to make more pairs of socks so I have more left over bits to make the blanket. 



If anyone reading this blog has some excess sock yarn bits that they would like to clear out of their home, feel free to contact me in a comment here or through Ravelry. My Rav ID is Ajkane. I am looking for sock yarn- fingering weight, superwash wool bits for my blanket. 
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -


My latest socks for the month of June are the Black Lace socks, but I will be doing them in red sock yarn... so I have dubbed them my "Red Lace Socks". I am using some yarn I picked up at Yarn Con in Chicago, IL last fall from the independent dyer- Grinning Gargoyle in the Dedo yarn base. I will try to post updates with progress photo(s). 




-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

In other knitting news... The Olympics in London is starting next month. To fiber enthusiasts on Ravelry that means it's time once again for... Ravelympics! If you have not taken part of or know nothing about what this is... do check out the official group for further information. You can find the info here

I am still undecided on what group I will be joining to take part in the Ravelympics, but it certainly is fun. If anything, it gives you the encouragement to turn UFOs into Finished Objects. Honestly, who doesn't want that?!? If you are one of the lucky ones that have absolutely zero UFOs lying around the house... try challenging yourself to get some holiday gifts made early, conquer the sweater you have always wanted to knit, or learn a new thing like double knitting or fair isle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment