Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Spinning and Tour de Fleece

I recently got my very first spinning wheel, the Kromski Fantasia. I am quite happy with this wheel and look forward to spinning on it a lot.



I am super happy and excited to be part of the Tour de Fleece this year. If you have not heard of it, the Tour takes place during the same days as the Tour de France (June 30th- July 22nd). Check out the group on Ravelry here if you are interested. I joined the main group's Rookie Team since it is my first Tour and I am relatively new to spinning. I also joined Team Tardis, which is for anyone that is a Doctor Who Fan and wants to do the Tour de Fleece. There are a lot of different teams that you can join.

I have purchased a few 4 oz. braids of lovely fiber from DyeingForColour on Etsy. I am currently waiting for them to come in, but you can see the pictures from Etsy below. The blue is named Thunderstorm II and made of superwash merino and firestar and the yellow/red/multi named Temper Tantrum is a blend of superwash merino, firestar, soysilk, silk/seacell, and bamboo.


To me the colors are perfect from the Van Gogh Exploding Tardis from Doctor Who.

While I am on a yarn diet, I am looking forward to a local fiber festival- Midwest Fiber and Folk in Grayslake, IL in June to get some additional fiber for the Tour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment